The summer holidays are finally upon us, which means holidays, days out and busy schedules! Some might say it’s a tricky time to sell a home, but there are lots of things you can do to give your home the edge and draw in the buyers. After all, what home doesn’t look at its best under a blue sky and surrounded by the smell of freshly cut grass?
Here are some ways to help enhance your home’s appeal and find your perfect buyer this summer…
1. Have a bit of a declutter and tidy to convey a minimalist and relaxed atmosphere, and show off any entertaining space to its full advantage. You want buyers to be able to imagine living there themselves, and in the summer that will involve having friends and family round, and plenty of space for the children to entertain themselves come rain or shine!
2. First impressions count! It’s a bit late for planting a hanging basket but you can pick up a pre planted one relatively cheaply to hang outside your front door. A dash of colour and life can make all the difference to a buyer when they first approach a property. Just remember to water it; no hanging basket is better than a dead one!
3. Tidy the garden. Where do people spend most of their time during the summer? Yes, the garden. Although it can be hard to prevent dead patches of lawn during very hot weather, a little regular maintenance and weeding will make your garden a place of relaxation, and not somewhere the new owner is going to have to work up a sweat before they can use it!
4. Clean your windows inside and out. Sunny days throw up every last bit of dirt and grime on windows. You’re not going to be short of natural light during summer viewings, so make sure they’re spotless!
5. Make sure corners of the rooms have had a clean as well. Spiders like to come out during the warmer weather leaving cobwebs, as well as the odd rogue fly!
With everything in place we’ll be able to show interested buyers around and really highlight your home’s strengths. We’ll also be able to advise them on the area as a whole; any upcoming developments, the schools, transport links. Schools are likely to be at the top of many people’s priority list over the summer as they think towards the new term in September.
Whatever the needs of the buyer, all of our viewings are accompanied by an experienced member of staff who will be able to confidently show your property off to its full potential.
So don’t delay, call us today on 01582 720777 or click here and let us help you.
< Back to news listing